TDD Boot Camp attendees will learn about the following topics:
- The TDD mindset
- Why is TDD important?
- Behavior driven development
- How TDD helps you design software
- Why testing first is better than testing after
- Testing frameworks (e.g. NUnit)
- Writing testable code
- How to write tests that run fast and are easy to maintain
- What makes code difficult or impossible to test
- The dependency inversion principle
- Using a dependency injection framework
- How to use StructureMap
- Advanced StructureMap configuration, tips, and tricks (things you need to know how to do if you use StructureMap on a real world project)
- Advanced TDD
- Single responsibility principle, and how TDD helps you design small classes
- How to use mocking frameworks (e.g. Moq)
- How to effectively translate technical specs into tests
- How to test legacy code
- Other TDD ninja tricks that we’ve learned over the years
We’ll do plenty of hands-on coding along the way, because there is no substitute for trying it for yourself.
The class will be taught using C#. If you would like to use VB.NET, you are welcome to do the code samples in VB.NET.